The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mole Day

HAPPY MOLE DAY!
Today’s events included calculating how long it would take to count a mole, calculating a mole of various substances, and lighting a mole of something on fire. I did my usual and set out making t shirts for the team. I also printed out jokes and facts and made posters. Two teachers were out the day I distributed things, and the two who were there acted like they were embarrassed and had only reluctantly agreed to it, when in fact they had praised it. Next time I do something like this I am going to invite science teachers only, or math only, or just do it by myself. I miss the support I had at Stewart.
At the end of each class today I informed my kids they were doing 11th grade chemistry. They were thrilled. I hope it made the future a little brighter for them and boosted their confidence.
Chicklette 3:32 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares