Monday, October 29, 2007
Rant
Today is the review game for the test tomorrow. I have only had 2 kids lose their notebooks so far. I think that is far less than if I had passed out study sheets. For the first time I really feel like I have done all I could to help them do well. Last year I was lucky if they had anything to study from at all, then I’d type some review questions and they would lose them or not do them. With this notebook they have their study materials, notes, visual reminders – everything right in front of them.
Lou – the ½ attitude out of my 1 ½ attitude issues is now a full blown 1. I wrote him up for being a jerk and he argued himself into being out of school for 7 days (skipping one day added him one more.) Now he is even more passive aggressive. I need to ignore him. At lunch he called me a rookie, which I deftly and unemotionally answered – even though I wanted to throw him out the window. I HATE that title. It is the most demeaning, unprofessional thing when used as casually and dismissively as it is here. First year here, yes. Naive, no. Professional, educated teacher? Yes. Rookie? Bite me. Rant, done.
Lou – the ½ attitude out of my 1 ½ attitude issues is now a full blown 1. I wrote him up for being a jerk and he argued himself into being out of school for 7 days (skipping one day added him one more.) Now he is even more passive aggressive. I need to ignore him. At lunch he called me a rookie, which I deftly and unemotionally answered – even though I wanted to throw him out the window. I HATE that title. It is the most demeaning, unprofessional thing when used as casually and dismissively as it is here. First year here, yes. Naive, no. Professional, educated teacher? Yes. Rookie? Bite me. Rant, done.
Chicklette 2:33 PM
