The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Friday, November 16, 2007

It's Friday!

This week was crazy. Tuesday and Wednesday I lost 1st and 2nd period to Foresight testing. In an attempt to not let them get too far behind I took those days and did some hands on things with my other classes. That worked out well, and they aren't too far ahead. Thursday I had my official observation. The lesson was fun and well planned. I had the kids identifying unknown substances, acting like CSI. We didn't finnish the whole lesson though, so I am working on that today.

I've noticed that the kids are handling the lab much better today. I think that because they have done it once before, it is easier to focus on the concepts instead of the procedure. I'll have to plan more 2 day labs in the future.

I killed the frog. I kill everything. I came in this morning and he was still on the bottom of his aquarium. I shook it a little and he flipped upside down. I took himto the girls bathroom, said a few words, and flushed. I feel so bad. Thank goodness the Grow-A-Frog people have a lifetime guarentee. I can order another one and have it here in a week. I hid the empty tank and told the kids I took him home so I could feed him over thanksgiving break. I am such a bad liar...

RIP: Sunshine Shrodinger Henry Squishey Herman: 11-16-07
Chicklette 11:04 AM

2 Comments:

It sounds like you are a fun science teacher! It is necessary to have good teachers in the world. I hope your new frog looks like your old one. I haven't studied the markings on a frog to see how different they can be. Happy Teaching!
Ooh,yeah. I hope it is similar too. My thought was that thanksgiving break was long enough to fool them... We will see :)

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares