The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: A Year in Review

Out of my resolutions for this year, I accomplished - Climbing a Rock, Camping, not in the rain, Getting things in Storage, Writing and getting a grant, Writing a book, Living in, but not owning, a house. I missed Sky Diving, Travel out of the country, Start swimming again, Pray daily for my classes, Volunteer at the aquarium, Organize two service field trips for school, and Never slacken in my struggle with my corruption, however unsuccessful I may be.


The writing a book thing was by mistake. Does it still count if it is with a partner? I think it does, since it is a collection of books, not just one. The only reason I've started rock climbing again is because I moved back to PA- where there are rocks. The same goes for getting my stuff from storage. I should have prayed for my students, but mostly I prayed for me. I needed it.


In retrospect this year was good for my career - it began. And what a start it was. I was involved up to my neck at school. My administration cried when I left (so did I). At my new school this year I am doing JSS and blowing things up all the time. I also got an Associate Fellowship that is paying my way to the NSTA conference in Boston. I can't say enough how much I am looking forward to that. Gen and I are going together and we are going to paint the town red.

The books I am writing will fall under the umberlla of "Think Scientifically," a company that produces quality litterature and science material for teachers and parents. I have a feeling it is going to become a venue for lots of other projects. I'm going to network and advertise my heart out at the NSTA conference, maybe generate some money right away.
On the personal front, I have been a complete and utter failure. Everything happy that I've ever wanted for myself has gone up in smoke. If you see me, don't ask about it. I won't tell you. I just know that life couldn't get much worse.
Overall, it's been an "ok-ish" year. Possibly one I could have done without.
Chicklette 10:11 PM

2 Comments:

I'm sorry about that last part.

But that's the best part of today: you get a fresh start.

Here's to a better 2008!
Read your post, made me a little sad, but I know the same God you know and I know He is walking with you WHATEVER you are going through.
Love you and Love God More!
Kim

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares