Saturday, January 05, 2008
January again...
The kids are back and in full revolt.
Christmas vaccation is just toomuch fun. I think we teachers agree. If we could extend this time off we would. The problem is that there isn't enough time to recover when you throw in holidays. There is all the work we do for Christmas and New Years and on top of it you need to plan for January's lessons - all in just over a week. Not cool.
I feel like I am starting to lose my vision for what my class should be like. It's like I'm worn out and I'm slacking off. I just need more time to get myself together, but with all the personal drama in my life I'm not even managing to sleep at night.
My mentor at SMMS got me coffee on Friday.
He called up to ask how I took it and said it would be delivered shortly. I litterally felt my whole body lighten up. Sheesh, maybe there is life out there. It just goes to show you that you never know how much something like that will matter. I wish I could teach my students that.
Christmas vaccation is just toomuch fun. I think we teachers agree. If we could extend this time off we would. The problem is that there isn't enough time to recover when you throw in holidays. There is all the work we do for Christmas and New Years and on top of it you need to plan for January's lessons - all in just over a week. Not cool.
I feel like I am starting to lose my vision for what my class should be like. It's like I'm worn out and I'm slacking off. I just need more time to get myself together, but with all the personal drama in my life I'm not even managing to sleep at night.
My mentor at SMMS got me coffee on Friday.
He called up to ask how I took it and said it would be delivered shortly. I litterally felt my whole body lighten up. Sheesh, maybe there is life out there. It just goes to show you that you never know how much something like that will matter. I wish I could teach my students that.
Chicklette 7:02 PM
1 Comments:
Hang in there..
Focus on what you know...God is soooo good. Focus on Him and He will give you peace! Call me if you want to talk...i can be a good listener.
Focus on what you know...God is soooo good. Focus on Him and He will give you peace! Call me if you want to talk...i can be a good listener.

