The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: Resolutions and Revelations...

I am nothing if not predictable. Every year I post, and think, and write. This year will be no exception:

I, Aleya Van Doren, do hearby resolve to:
1. "Get better." When I am, I will know, and I will be persistant in doing what I have to to get there.
2. Enroll in and begin grad school.
3. Sponsor a child, cause my life has been too much about me lately.
4. Publish in the Science Teacher NSTA magazine.
5. Soley author and publish a book.
6. Be disciplined in saving money.
7. Cultivate old friendships (and make some new ones.)
8. Travel more.
9. Reliably climb 5.10
10. Try ice climbing once.
11. Learn how to work with chocolate.
12. What the heck... sky dive.

So how did I do from last year? Not so well. Doesn't matter in the long run though, I met the challenges 2008 threw at me as best as I could. I've learned to see hope in multiple futures and to slowly say good bye to old aspirations and dreams. I've also learned a lot about how I see other people, how to love, how strong I am capable of being, and what grace actually means. So while I may not have gone sky diving, I still think I did pretty well.
Chicklette 12:10 PM

1 Comments:

Hi Aleya,

As I was looking through my blog postings from November, I noticed you commented on one of my postings. Sorry I didn't notice it earlier. It's great to hear from you. I wanted to e-mail you back but I didn't see an e-mail address on your profile. Anyway, thanks for reading my blog. Drop me an e-mail at greg7795@gmail.com and we can catch up on the last...oh..20 years or so!

Take care,

Greg

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares